Made by the Witch these magical spell candles feature beautiful Slavic embroidery patterns on both sides with each “stitch”, star or flower having its own meaning. Ukrainians believe that embroidery is a magical talisman protecting against everything from bad all the way to representing happiness, fate, life, and power in the ornaments.
- Square ~ Well-being, peace, & fortune, perfection, harmony, & order. In the Ukrainian tradition, the square is the symbol of earth.
- Rhombus ~ Sun & earth union as well as utility. A rhomb with a dot inside means a sown field which equaled to prosperity & abundance for Ukrainian ancestors.
- Circle ~ Sun, heaven energy, & eternity.
- Herbal ~ Purity & prosperity.
- Guelder rose ~ Love, wealth, beauty, motherhood, & procreation (bush – mother, berries – children).
- Grapes ~ Family happiness.
- Poppy flowers ~ Help ward off the evil eye.
- The tree of life ~ Beauty, youth, soul renewal, immortality, resurrection, & fertility.
- Heart ~ Happy family life, usually embroidered on wedding dresses.
- Stars ~ Protection from evil, diseases, & weakness.
- Chevrons ~ Essence, spirit, & matter.
- Wavy lines ~ Water, rain, time stream, & the evolution of the universe.
- Сross ~ Protective amulet from evil spirits.
- Swarga ~ Hearth & family happiness.
- The star with eight rays ~ Union of female & male principles which gives birth to all.
- Сurves ~ Infinity, life journey, eternity, strength, & vital energy.
You will receive 1 6 inch magical talismanic candle which would pair beautifully with one of our Vintage Ukrainian Candle Holders.