Disinformation’s “wicked warlock” Richard Metzger gathers an unprecedented cabal of modern occultists, magicians, and forward thinkers in this large format Disinformation Guide. Just as Russ Kick’s Guides focusing on secrets and lies from the mainstream media, government, and other establishment institutions rethought what a political science book could look like and whom it would appeal to, Book of Lies redefines occult anthologies, packaging and presenting a huge array of magical essays for a pop culture audience. Just some of the contents:
- An introduction by comics genius Grant Morrison, who also contributes a three-part article on Pop Magick.
- Mark Pesce, author of The Playful World, compares computer programming and spellcasting.
- Genesis P-Orridge, father of Industrial Music and Rave culture explains how samples in a rave song can have magical consequences.
- Paul Laffoley discusses his magical artistic strategies (Metzger compares Laffoley to Merlin the Magician).
- Magical Thinking–an extended excerpt from Daniel Pinchbeck’s Breaking Open the Head.
- William Burroughs and the occult.
- Nevill Drury, Australia’s most noted occult writer, tells of Dion Fortune, Austin Spare, and Rosaleen Norton.
- Why Does Aleister Crowley Still Matter?
- Donald Tyson’s “The Enochian Apocalypse Working.” Were the seeds of the end of the world sown in the Elizabethan era?.
- The first ever biographical essay on Marjorie Cameron, the fascinating character from Los Angeles’ occult and beatnik scene.
- Hitler and the occult–Peter Levenda interview by Tracy Twyman.
- Robert Temple on how his book The Sirius Mystery’s, controversial thesis (for which he was ridiculed) was proven by the Hubble telescope twenty-five years late.
- An exclusive Anton LaVey interview by Michael Moynihan, author of best-selling book Lords of Chaos.
- Erik Davis, author of Techgnosis, looks at H. P. -Lovecraft’s Magick Realism.
Vintage Occult – Good Condition
Used Paperback – Paperback – Jan. 1 2010