Last night I started preparing Kutia for Christmas Eve. Before you start dinner a spoonful is to be thrown on the ceiling – if it sticks, then it will be a good year, and the more kernels that stick the better your good fortune will be. It is always served as the first dish before eating. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Recipe Below!
- 1 pint (2 cups) cooked wheat
- 11-12 cups water (to boil wheat)
- 6 tablespoons ground poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- Place wheat in water the night before to soak. The next morning bring to a boil then turn down to simmering and cook for 5 hrs.
- In the morning put your poppy seeds in water to soak for a few hours. Drain & place in your mortar & pestle and grind.
- When the wheat has split open add your poppy seeds, chopped walnuts, & honey.
- Serve at dinner cold and save the leftovers for breakfast Christmas Day!